Thursday, August 4, 2016

                                        If Thoughts could be Heard



If our thoughts could be heard -

Husband: "It tastes horrible."
         
Employee: "Oh, yes...I don't have a life and my deepest dream has always been to work on weekends too."

Kid: "Dad is right, but who am I kidding? Have to agree with Mom."

Friend: "How can I tell her she looks awful in this dress?"

Student: "What did Mom pack for my lunch? When is the bell going to ring? Okay the teacher is looking at me."

Daughter-in-law: "As if she knows my husband better than I do!"

Young man: "I'm BORED! Please stop talking."

Man: "..." (Yes, men have the ability to not think at all sometimes.)

Hostess: "Of course your annoying kid shouldn't have broken that really
expensive vase I brought from China."

Bank customer: "I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about."

Wife: "I really really want that necklace!"

Just imagine the consequences!

Whether it is to save our skins, to be polite, to avoid hurting our loved ones or simply for no reason at all, we become accustomed to masking our thoughts. If we were not granted this blessing of having our thoughts all to ourselves, won't most of us be caught red-handed all the time?

Ah! I heard that!

This post has been written for #BarAThon Day 4. Prompt - caught red-handed



5 comments:

  1. That happens to be the perfect post on this prompt. The best one I have read so far. Glad to have dropped by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment, Rekha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we were caught red-handed with the real thoughts that do the rounds in our head... aah... we would be making more enemies than friends and life would be in a perpetual state of battle! I liked your unique take on the prompt, Shashi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously wishing this was a Bar-a-thon 365! Superb post, Shashi!

    ReplyDelete