Friday, January 6, 2017

Lost Treasure

There are very few things that I am possessive about – the foremost among them is my collection of books. Over the course of years, I have lost some of my precious books to termites (!), to borrowers who do not know that they are supposed to return my books or when I was moving to another place. Among those books I have lost is a book that was one of my favourites – Six Cousins at Mistletoe Farm by Enid Blyton.
A gift from my sister on one of my birthdays (more than 15 years ago), the book is, as the name suggests, about six cousins – three of them who live at Mistletoe Farm and three cousins from the city who are compelled to stay at the farm when their townhouse is burnt down. There are so many reasons I love this book – Enid Blyton is an author I love, the theme of cousins is close to my heart and the feel-good nature of such books is always heartwarming.

It’s really a pity I lost it and I hope to buy it again, because books of my childhood and teenage are such nostalgic reads that they make me feel young and hopeful again.





Day 6 of Blogathon 2017

3 comments:

  1. You can borrow this from me Shashi!! It is in tatters though:-( It was in a tolerable condition till the boys started reading it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for the offer, Vani akka. :)
    Still remember the cupboard filled with books in your house...it was an inspiration for me to start my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbuchi! I remember this book very well. I read it in Bangalore for the first time in Ammamma's house. Enid Blyton was my favorite author too...

    ReplyDelete