Monday, January 30, 2017

Trivial Musings (with a dose of sarcasm)

Life's unfair when we are supposed to choose our career in our teens when sometimes we figure out what we are really good at finally in our 20s, 30s or maybe 40s.

Recently I saw a video about the world's toughest job being that of a farmer's. I'm sure it is but I think parenting would give it some tough competition. At least, the weather is sometimes predictable.

I read in the paper a few weeks back that it is possible to raise kids without yelling. Yes...probably when your kids are angels and life is one rosy picture for you. For those whose kids are not, like mine, this was my tribute.

What's with the post-baby bod? How do these ladies do it - some in weeks after delivery? It's been years and I have still clung to the fat around my stomach.

Seeing my tummy fat, I shake my head in disbelief, because all through my life till my marriage, I was told that I was so thin that I would disappear one day. Sorry I didn't.

So to those thin people (they do exist and they too experience body shaming), you will get payback time, when those who teased you then will now be looking out for gyms or stressing about diets. (This is before you get the aforementioned tummy fat. Once you cross that milestone, it's a level playing field.)

If you ever want to connect with another homemaker, start your conversation with the topic of maids, pepper it with the stress of having kids and end it with the eternal conundrum of in-laws. If they do not have a problem with any one of the three, they are living the good life that you imagine in your dreams.

Silence is golden. I truly agree with that. But what about all the junk that's floating in my head because of all the thoughts I cannot express out loud? Well, that comes out here. :)

I never knew writing a blog post every day was not only exhausting but also exhilarating at the same time. One more day to go. Phew!

Day 30 of Blogathon 2017





3 comments:

  1. Lol..I am not fat at all. But tummy fat looks definitely odd when the rest of me is thin. In fact one lady recently asked me if I was pregnant.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tell her you were keeping your kiddos' first house as keepsake! Pregnant, indeed! Grrr!

      Delete