Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Tenth Anniversary Conundrum


Starring

The Well-intentioned Interfering Mother
The Indifferent 'Leave me alone' Father
The Indignant Independent Wife
The 'Stuck between rock and a hard place' Husband

Scene 1

Wife: I have made the perfect plan for our tenth anniversary. Let's go to Goa. Remember, it was the first place we went for a holiday after our wedding?
Husband: Okay, cool. Check the availability of flights and hotels and I will book them.

Scene 2

Mother: I have made the perfect plan for Rohan's tenth anniversary. I'm planning to organize a grand party for them and invite everyone.
Father: Huh! Whose anniversary? 

Scene 3

Mother: Rohan, I have decided that we should throw a grand party for your tenth anniversary. We will call all our near and dear ones.
Rohan: But Mom, Reema has already planned for a trip.
Mother: Hmm, I have been planning for this for so long. When you decided to marry Reema, we did not object to your choice or to your decision to perform the marriage according to their family's wishes. For once, I am asking you something. But, leave it. I will drop my plans.
Rohan: Mom, why are you digging up all that now? Okay, I will talk to Reema.

Scene 4

Rohan:  Mom called. She wants to organize a grand celebration for our whole family on our anniversary.
Reema: You told her, right, that we have already made our plans.
Rohan: Yes. But can we consider that idea too?
Reema: Rohan, I have already checked the flights and hotels. We will do your mom's plan some other time.

Scene 5

Mother: I am sure Reema will manipulate and convince Rohan. This happens every time.
Father: Huh, what? 
Mother: You just read your paper. Who listens to me anyway?

Scene 6

Rohan: Mom, all our tickets and hotels have been booked. I can't cancel them now.
Mother: I understand, Rohan. You children have your own plans. How can I impose on your wishes? All I wanted was that our family would bless you on that day.Anyway, I have got used to disappointments.
Rohan: Mom, why do you do this? Okay, I will try to talk to Reema again.

Scene 7

Rohan: Reema, shall we postpone the trip and do it for your birthday instead? 
Reema: What? Why should we postpone the trip? Oh, I get it. It's your mom's wish, right? Whose anniversary is it? Ours or theirs? Can't I have the freedom to at least plan our anniversary according to my wishes? This happens every time. Your mom always emotionally manipulates you and you nod your head and agree to everything she says.
Rohan: Okay, okay. I will tell her that it is not possible.


Scene 8

Rohan: Mom, can we do this celebration some other time? Maybe we can do it on your birthday.
Mother: Rohan, it's okay. I have other work to do. I will talk to you later.

Scene 9

Rohan: Dad, Mom is angry with me because I am going to Goa with Reema and the kids. Reema is angry with me because she thinks I am only agreeing with her half-heartedly. What should I do?
Father: You listen to me.

Scene 10

Guest: Congrats, bro! Happy anniversary. Great party! Aunty has made a lot of effort. Hey, I thought you were going to Goa. What happened?
Rohan: Thanks, man! Yes, we were in Goa for the past four days. We celebrated the morning of our anniversary there, had our anniversary lunch, took a flight and reached home just a few hours ago.
Guest: Wow! You really know how to satisfy everyone.
Rohan: Ten years, man...took me ten years. (winks at his dad)

Day 10 of Blogathon 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment